Houston Divorce Attorney 
Schedule a Consultation 
Enforcement of Court Orders Faithfully Fighting For Your Rights

Enforcement Attorneys in Houston

Taking Legal Steps If Your Spouse Won’t Cooperate

Protecting and justifying your custody, support, and property rights following a divorce can be a stressful, drawn-out process. It’s doubly frustrating when a former spouse refuses to observe court judgments. Fortunately, you have strong legal protections if your former spouse or partner is found to be in contempt of court.

Stand up for your rights. Call (281) 612-5443 for help enforcing court judgments after a divorce.

Grounds for Contempt

Contempt of court is typically a consequence of failing to comply with a court order. If a party is found to be in contempt, they may be given a less favorable judgement or even issued a fine or other penalty.

The opposing party may be found in contempt of court for several reasons, including:

  • Stopping spousal support/alimony payments
  • Selling property that was awarded to you in the divorce decree
  • Refusing to reimburse you for out-of-pocket medical expenses for your child
  • Refusing to follow the terms of your child visitation or child custody agreement

When Can I Enforce Child Support Obligations?

If a former spouse or partner won’t pay support, it is possible to place a lien against their bank accounts or request that the court suspend any license issued to him or her by the state of Texas. We can even testify to the amount of child support arrearages (past due amounts) owed.

If you are looking for a Houston enforcement lawyer to assist you in enforcing your court order, Cynthia Tracy, Attorney at Law, P.C., can go the extra mile for you. Cynthia has worked as a managing attorney for the Texas Attorney General’s Office and is very familiar with Texas family law policies and procedures. She is a passionate advocate for families and can stand up for what’s best for you and your children.

Our Houston enforcement attorneys can protect your rights. Contact us today at (281) 612-5443 for a discussion of your case.

Client Testimonials

Lords & Ladies Tell Their Stories
  • She is...The J.J. Watt of Attorneys.

    “Cynthia Tracy was the fourth family lawyer/practice that I have used since 2004. I have to say that this relationship has been extremely beneficial to my case in all court proceeding and have always ...”

    - Ulises
  • Absolutely the best.

    “Absolutely the best. I would highly recommend Cynthia Tracy law firm. Cynthia and her staff are wonderful to work with, very professional.”

    - Susan Perrin
  • This woman has a keen eye to the details I would have never paid attention to.

    “First, I would like to say Cynthia Tracy and her staff were very professional an knowledgeable throughout the whole process of my divorce. When it all started, I thought documents being requested of ...”

    - Angela Truitt
  • Cynthia is extremely professional and someone you want in your corner when you are dealing with complex legal matters.

    “Awesomeness!!! Cynthia and her office of very professional and caring staff helped turned my very stressful nightmarish situation into a positive and happy ending!! Cynthia is extremely professional ...”

    - Valerie Seybold
  • The Law group has done an excellent job on my case and stayed in touch with me threw out the process.

    “Cynthia Tracy Law firm gave me the attention I needed to help me with my legal affair. The Law group has done an excellent job on my case and stayed in touch with me threw out the process. I am glad ...”

    - Scott Winterberg

Brave & Faithful

Let Us Be Your Shield of Defense
  • Cynthia B. Tracy Photo
    Cynthia B. Tracy
    Cynthia B. Tracy graduated from Cornell University in 1983 and received her law degree from the Syracuse University School of Law in 1987. She was admitted to the State Bar of New York in 1988 and admitted to practice before the United States Southern District of New York federal court in 1990. Cynthia was admitted to the State Bar of Ohio in 1992. In 1995, she was admitted to the State Bar of Texas, and in 2005, she was admitted to practice before the United States Southern District of Texas ...

Get Started

Request a Consultation by Giving Us a Call at (281) 612-5443 or Filling out the Form Below
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.