Houston Contempt Lawyers

We Can Help When Your Former Spouse or Partner Doesn't Follow Court Rules

Protecting and vindicating your custody, support and property rights following a divorce can be a stressful, drawn-out process. It's doubly frustrating when a former spouse refuses to observe court judgments.

Fortunately, you have strong legal protections if your former spouse or partner is found to be in contempt of court. At the Houston, Texas, family and divorce law firm of Cynthia Tracy, Attorney at Law, P.C., we can help you enforce your rights. Has your former spouse:

  • Sold property that was awarded to you in the divorce decree?
  • Refused to follow the terms of your child visitation or child custody agreement?
  • Refused to reimburse you for out-of-pocket medical expenses for your child?
  • Stopped paying spousal support/alimony payments?

Firm founder and lead attorney Cynthia Tracy has worked as a managing attorney for the Texas Attorney General's Office and is very familiar with Texas family law policies and procedures.

Enforcing Custody Or Visitation Agreements

You do not have to tolerate a parent who refuses to allow you to visit your child. You do not have to tolerate former spouses and partners who do not reimburse you for co-pays and medical expenses relating to your child. You do not have to tolerate former spouses who fail to pay court-ordered support. You can press for damages if your former spouse sold a car or other asset that was awarded to you in your divorce. In many instances, the court will assess attorney fees against former partners who violate a court order.

Enforcing Child Support Obligations

If you are looking for an attorney to assist you in enforcing your child support obligation, Cynthia Tracy, Attorney at Law, P.C., will go the extra mile for you. If appropriate, we will file the necessary documents to place a lien against your former partner's bank accounts and/or request that the court suspend any license issued to him or her by the state of Texas. This is especially effective against people who need a license to make a living, such as plumbers, electricians, doctors and lawyers.

One of the dilemmas facing family law attorneys is obtaining an expert to testify in court regarding child support arrearages. Determining the correct calculation of child support arrears is an extremely difficult task. Cynthia Tracy, Attorney at Law, P.C., has its own in-house child support arrears expert, Darryl Tracy (not an attorney), to testify on your behalf about child support arrears.

For more information on contempt law, contact us for a no-charge discussion of your case.

How to Contact Us

For experienced and knowledgeable counsel, contact our firm. We accept Visa and MasterCard and provide Spanish translation. To contact a lawyer, call 281-823-8481.